Wednesday, July 17, 2013

No flour/sugar muffins!

Nothing in the recipe is "unnatural." nothing is processed and its all healthy which is a super big plus! And whats even better? The WHOLE family loved them :) It always makes my heart flutter when I know that my 4 year old is eating healthy but she thinks its a treat. 

I found this recipe off of pinterest but after making the original i took it, tweaked it, and made delicious breakfast brownies..the reason i say breakfast is because i only eat my carbs in the morning before working out. 



No Flour/Sugar 
Banana muffins

2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
2 ripe bananas
1 cup non fat yogurt 
( I use fage for its low carb/high protein)
2 tbsp ground flax
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla or any flavor extract of your choice
chocolate chips, almonds, raisins

Spray a muffin tin or line with cupcake liners, preheat the over to 400.
Put the oats in a food processor and grind until fine but not powder. Add in the rest of the ingredients (minus the "toppings").
Mix until everything is incorporated and the banana cannot be seen as chunks.
Spoon the mixture into the muffin pans and top with your toppings. Bake for 18-20 min.

I kept 6 out to eat during the week, and placed the other 6 into a freezer bag to take out later, that way nothing goes to waste!



No comments:

Post a Comment